Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Perfect Day

I happen to have one of the coolest husbands around...

He made my 35th birthday one to remember for sure. It was full of wonderful surprises!

First, he took me where we both love to hang out.... downtown Boise. Waiting there for us were some of our favorite people - the Millingtons. We went to the Farmer's Market and thoroughly enjoyed the sights and smells of Fall . Then, we went to Boise's famous "Goldie's" - the best breakfast in town. It was delightful - the company, the food, everything.

This is waiting to get in the elevator from the parking deck - I just love Boise.



Walking down Mainstreet with this view as far as I could see had me smiling ear to ear!




When we came home, the kids were so excited to give me a gift they had been spending lots of time on the week prior. I had no idea what it could be, but knew it had to be special since it was such a secret!

Chip had taken the kids to a craft store and bought a canvas for each of them to decorate. They designed their own square in a way that reminded them of me. Taylor made a music staff complete with notes and all. Aubrey had colored several little things that I love (including an M&M!). Hannah drew a cute picture with flowers and the sun, and Jack drew a picture of our family. As I opened them one by one, I realized it was also becoming a wonderful image of the American Flag! What a thoughtful, wonderful, creative, perfect gift!


Chip traditionally gives me a Halloween decoration on my birthday - I love that!


As if that wasn't enough.... Chip took me out to dinner once again downtown, this time to enjoy the nightlife. Waiting there at PF Changs, was more of our favorite people - the Sutherlands! We enjoyed a wonderful dinner together. They "suddenly" had to go though - they said they needed to pick up their kids kinda early. I didn't think anything of it then, but on the way home when Chip called them to ask if we could borrow a movie, I got a little suspicious. I had no idea that Chip had been planning a surprise party at the Sutherlands! When we walked in, eight couples were standing there, and as I stood in shock, they all yelled, "Surprise" - I was so happy to see so many good friends there. What a wonderful feeling to be surrounded by so many great people! We played pictionary and had an awesome boxing tournament on the Wii.


Rachel is knocking out Damon here with her famous left hook.



I wish we took more pictures, it was such a fun, wonderful, perfect day!

Our kiddos were perfectly happy having a blast at the Makaafi's - they offered to have them all overnight! The next morning, Chip and I went over there for another perfect day spent with them and watching conference, and enjoying each other's company, and Fo'ou's famous barbecue goodness!

I think that was the greatest weekend EVER!

I really do have a fantastic husband, the neatest kids, and some really wonderful friends. I feel extrememly blessed. Thank you all so much!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds like a blast, Tracy!

Susie said...

So fun! What a creative husband and family! Happy Birthday Tracy!

Ralina said...

Looks like it was a fun birthday. Happy Birthday!

Kerri said...

I'm so glad your birthday was fantastic. October birthdays are the best, aren't they?

Anonymous said...

Birthdays like that are neat. Makes you feel warm and fuzzy when people put in a lot of time and effort for you. What a great day!