Friday, October 17, 2008

Chip's Birthday Evening


Chip and I have always loved having birthdays just 3 days apart. The whole week of our birthdays you might hear us sing/yell....
.
(one of us starts) "You say it's your birthday!" (da na na na)
(the other responds) "It's my birthday too!" (da na na na na na na)

.
We usually go out on our favorite date around the weekend of our birthdays - dinner and a movie (actually, movie and dinner so we can talk about the movie over dinner) :) This year he threw me a party instead, and since that was actually on my birthday, we wanted to make his day special too. So even though the "birthday couch" is just for the kids, they all wanted to make Dad one cause his birthday was too "normal." They surprised him when he got home from work.


And he got some pretty cool gifts!
Framed artwork...


a BSU shirt.....



and a special framed picture.


Happy Birthday to a dad and husband who is second to none - We love you a thousand years ago! (an Aubreyism we'll never forget!)


5 comments:

The Ball Babies said...

Wow, you guys are gettin' old! heehee

We had a great time at the party for you, Tracy! After all the fun and laughs, I think it's time for the Ball's to get a Wii. It would give me great pleasure to box away the evening after a rough day at the education establishment...

Happy b-days!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Happy Birthday to both of you!!

The Birth Control Pill said...

i love the birthday couch idea. you guys are so creative.

Michelle said...

I love birthday couch. I totally want to steal the idea, but I'll always feel bad that I didn't think of it myself.

Anonymous said...

When you get older you will absolutely love all these memories. Your life will feel so full!