Friday, October 24, 2008

Our "Real" Pumpkin Patch


Remember when I said that the 4th of July was my favorite Holiday? Totally lied. Got a new one. (for now)

The car ride home from our annual pumpkin patch adventure was full of many variations of, "That was SO much fun!!" - from all six of us! I really, really love being at a "real" pumpkin patch, where the pumpkins are on real vines. Because of this there are old rotted pumpkins, not yet ripe pumpkins, and pumpkin "guts" everywhere. A few years ago, my first thoughts were, "Ew, this is gross and messy and unorganized!" Soon I realized it was because every other "pumpkin patch" I have ever gone to was perfectly man-made! :) I must be a country girl - cause now I love this!







While waiting for the sun to be in the perfect picture taking position - sigh... (............we love you Chip - yes, it was worth it!), Jackson could be found shooting the weird green gourd, I mean, M-16 machine gun.




me and my mini me


For 45 minutes, we were lost in a 3 1/2 mile long corn maze! We all took turns choosing which way to turn - it was really fun! Although the two mile corn maze would have been great too, or the one mile..... :)



Which way should we go first?!?!?



But then again, I'm glad it took a long time cause we would have missed the sunset...


Happy Halloween Time!

11 comments:

Katie said...

I LOVE it! I think that the pumpkin patches out here in Anaheim are so phony. There is something so classically romantic about the real pumpkin patches. It looks like a lot of fun! (But I am not so sure I would want to go into the corn maze) :) Happy Halloween!

Steph said...

Good idea for FHE for us on Monday! Your kids are so cute! (and very nice!)

Wendi said...

Very coo, Tracy. We went to one a couple years ago over here. the kids had SO much fun running through the maze and playing in a huge cotton mound and the corn box (sandbox) thingy. I'm glad we went that year, because we tried to go last year and it was gone. All of the farms where we live are slowly leaving. Good for the flies leaving with the cows, but bad for the country feel.

Anonymous said...

What great pictures. The outfits and colors are all so perfectly coordinated...I'm sure Chip had NOTHING to do with that...lol.

Anonymous said...

Carrie beat me to it, concerning the coordinated orange and black t-shirts! The colors even alternate when they stand together according to age. Now that is planning!! Tee-Hee!

Anonymous said...

Good memories and fun times. You'll never regret the time you spend on things like this.
Happy Halloween! And like the others, I too am amazed at the wonderful coincidence in choices of shirts!!!

Jody said...

I love these pictures. I just sigh and could look at them all day. Miss you guys!!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

your family is so beautiful! The pictures turned out great and oh boy would I love to take the kids to a pumpkin patch like that:)

Melissa said...

What great pictures of everybody! The fall colors just seem to really pop. Pumpkin patches are so fun aren't they! You have such a beautiful family Tracy.

Taylor said...

That was so much fun! Except for the 4,823 pictures dad took!!!!!!

Michelle said...

My favorite is Jack with the squash gun.