Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day at Camel's Back

We have lived here for four and a half years and had never been to Camel's Back Park here in Boise. But I think in the last month, we have been there three times!! This is where we went on their most recent day off of school.
.
First, we climbed the famous (or infamous, however you look at it!) hill.

Aubrey was first!



Hiking down the trails on the other side is my favorite part!




Off to the playground - we had never seen one of these - it was really bouncy and fun!



The big open field there is perfect for frisbee, playing fetch with the dog, soccer, etc. All Jackson wanted to do was play soccer with his sisters. After rolling their eyes and dragging their feet - I got the girls out there. Guess who had the best time ever?





Then..... it happened. Check out the next picture - see Taylor's left knee? Take a look at where it's headed.

Right. where. it. counts.

Yeah. That pretty much ended our day at Camel's Back.


11 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm laughing....I'm sorry Jackson, I know it's not really funny, but it is.
I swear Tracy, every time I see a picture of Taylor, I think it's you.
Looks like you guys had a great time together.

Faye said...

Shoot! So now is Jackson absolutely convinced to never ever ever play soccer? I know it was never on his list of sports to participate in. Shoot! And that looks like a might treacherous climb, too!

Kerri said...

That last picture is so sad and so priceless. Does he know you took a pic of him in agony??? Wedding slideshow material?

Tracy said...

Andrea - thank you! That's a compliment!! :)

Mom - it's so funny - he started playing soccer at recess and now LOVES it!! He wants to play in the fall!

Kerri - no, he didn't know I snuck that picture of him - I felt guilty for taking it while he suffered, but he got a lot of TLC after! :)

Wendi said...

Looks like a blast. LOVE days like those.

The Ball Babies said...

You always get the best pictures! Love 'em!

Topsy said...

Dude! Sorry Jackson!!

Susie said...

Sweet. That's what he gets for being the youngest in a family of girls, right? Poor little guy.
We went to Camel's Back last weekend ourselves, though I would have to say that first picture you took makes the hill look even steeper than the view from the playground. I promised Anna we'd hike it next time when we bring Dad along.
So fun!

Angie Hermanson said...

I just got caught up on your blog. Loved the pictures of Chip. I can't wait to see what John says. Great family with great ideas. Sure miss you guys!

Holly said...

aw, poor little guy! aren't you glad you took of picture of his agony, "for the blog"!?

Jody said...

I just can't believe you got the picture of the half second before it happened! Sounds like fun! Want to do it again in two weeks?