Monday, March 16, 2009

Let's Go To the Hop! (and the Monster Truck Jam)

What a great weekend we had!
.
Friday night:
.
I don't think Chip and I would have gone to the Stake 50's Dance just because. But I wanted to support our good friend who put the whole thing together. And what do ya know, we had SO MUCH FUN!! We had a blast with friends, and Chip even won the costume contest for the guys!
It was hilarious.


Saturday:

Chip and Jackson never miss the Monster Jam!! Jackson wanted so much for me to "experience" this event - I tried to talk them into it being a special boys day together, but it was pretty important to them that I go along....

Thank goodness for earplugs.




It WAS fun - and pretty exciting! But I think this is one of those "if you've seen it once...." type of things for me. The announcer's voice is still ringing in my head - he made me laugh the whole time. The whole rest of the day, Chip and I couldn't help but talk like him...
.
(Imagine a low, deep, loud, growling voice)
.
"WHAT SHALL WE HAVE FOR DINNNNNNNERRRRRRRRRRRR?!?!"
.
"GRIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLED CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE SANDWHICHEZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!"

5 comments:

Melissa said...

What a trooper you are Tracy! Very funny that you and chip were talking like the announcer the next day. You guys always do such fun things together! I love it.

Faye said...

I am sure that experiencing the Monster Truck Jam once is plenty for a lifetime. BUT! Where did you guys find your jackets??? When you moved from the apartment in Corona, it seems to me you lost a box of jackets, and Chip's lettermen's jacket being one of them???!

Beth said...

Wow! Hi Melissa!
Sorry Tracy, Ok, You two look wonderful! So so cute and umm, 50's-ish!

Holly said...

i love chip's katella letterman jacket that he's sporting. what a fun time!

i remember when our ward did that in anaheim and laura pearce and i wore roller skates. there's no way you could pay me to put on roller skates now! i'd fall in a second!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

You look so cute in your 50's gear. You too are such a cute couple.

Haha!! I love the monster truck talk after the show.. We get the Sunday, Sunday, Sunday at Angel Stadium commercial and I can never get that voice out of my head!!