Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009


Having Valentine's Day on Saturday this year was GREAT! Our day was fantastic.

The Plan: Mom and Dad go out for breakfast - then Mom and Dad take each child out on a separate date to the place of their choice for an hour and a half (not exceeding $5!!) It turned out even better than we thought it would be - one on one time for the kids with Mom and Dad is rare. It was great for everyone.
Jack was first. He chose - without hesitation - hiking up the famous hill at Camel's Back Park. I'm glad we did that first, because that was really hard!! But it was amazing!

See that hill behind us? Yep - that's it!



Hannah had to settle for her second choice since her first choice was the Labor and Delivery Unit at the hospital!! Newborn babies are her favorite. But her other great love is animals. So off to Zamzows and Pet Co we went! The two stores are on opposite ends of a huge parking lot, so walking to and from was half the fun! She visited with all the dogs that came in to the store, looked at all the small animals, and loved "imaginary shopping" for Gunnar - the puppy we hope to get this summer.


Dad and Hannah had fun with her shadow!

Aubrey is a girl after my own heart. Dark chocolate is her favorite! She had a tough time deciding what to do, so she went with our suggestion. We picked out the most delicious looking peice of dark chocolate at Rocky Mountain Chocolate factory, and then walked down to Idaho Ice World and watched a hockey game. That was fun!



Like Jack and Hannah, Taylor had no difficulties choosing where she wanted to go - her friends have been talking about a brand new store at the mall - "Forever 21" - so we went to see what all the hype was about. Chip was having too much fun embarassing Taylor, so I told her I would blog these next few photos of him to embarrass him back!



Taylor with her brand new torquoise nail polish!



It really was a good day - didn't think of the idea till the day before, but it ended up being the best idea ever! Good thinkin, Chip!
Twenty Valentine's Days as a couple - we've had our ups and downs... but it's never been better than now - I am SO lucky!

12 comments:

Andrea said...

Okay, tell Chip that next time he needs to wear the orange/yellow sunglasses with the yellow hat....I mean lets get coordinated here.
I buy all my sunglasses at Forever 21. They are cheap there and that way I don't feel bad when they get lost or scratched...which happens to all my glasses.

Faye said...

What a great way to spend a Saturday. If we could get some creative juices flowing we just might try something like that! I guess I could play video games for an hour and a half with Austen if I had to. I already wander around Home Depot with Dave for hours at a time - would it count if we wandered and I didn't roll my eyes? I'll have them take me to Joe's and a night Katella Baseball game. I would like that. Again, a great idea this is. Would be fun to expand to once a month, or once a quarter.....!

Kerri said...

Fun idea! It looks like everyone had a blast.

Topsy said...

Wow you're husbands adorable and all but those photos started a fire out here in TEXAS!!! STATE LINES COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK!!! I'm coming for ya hot metro honey!!!!

Steph said...

Fantastic idea! Chip has a new career as a supermodel coming. It was fun to see you last night. Thanks, Chip, for speaking. The kids loved it, and so did I . Very inspirational.

Katie said...

That looks like such a great idea! I am sure your kids will always remember this special day. Ah memories!

Melissa said...

What a great idea Tracy! I love it! I bet the kids loved that one on one time with you guys. It was a great reminder to me to do that more with each of my kids too. Love the photos! It looked like you all had such a fun day.

The Ball Babies said...

I guess I'm a bit selfish on Valentine's Day...I'm thinking it's all about Bill and me. You guys are pretty cool parents!

Holly said...

chip is so funny! what a fun idea, you guys are such a cute family.

Circuit Fam said...

What fun parents. Forever 21 is one of my favorite stores even though I am ten years older than the name. :) That was some serious Full day of Fun Saturday! What a great Valentine's Day. I prefer the yellow on Chip.

Angie Hermanson said...

John already saw the pictures. He said he thought they were macho and daring (not darling). And no, he doesn't know that I am writing this. He did have a lot of positive commentary (John's word choice) on the activity. John has always been impressed by Chip's dedication to his family. I think it has influenced John with our own family. As different as John and Chip are, there are some powerful similarities. We know what they are Trace.

Anonymous said...

OMG! I am laughing, love the picture of Chip....hilarious.

Amy