Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Traditions


I love our Thanksgiving traditions. Some we grew up with, and some we made on our own since moving to Idaho.

The Macy's Day Thanksgiving Parade

.
(I love that this was Jackson's natural reaction to when Santa finally came at the end of the parade)


Starting a 1000 piece puzzle (to be done by Christmas)


Chess


Home videos... and even sillier ones, like seeing who can blow the candle out at the end of the meal in the least amount of tries!
.


Then of course the baking, cooking, basting, mixing, pouring, stirring, etc., etc.





I was told it was our most delicious turkey yet... I'm gettin' better every year! (I wonder when I'll be able to do it without googling "the simplest way to cook a turkey") :)

(enter your own caption for above photo)



Aunt Kelley and Uncle Tyler came over that evening for pie. Tyler, I publicly apologize, again, for making you gag. I really thought it would have been different than normal cheesecake!!
.
I am so thankful for so many things. I have an endless list. But on this day, I am truly grateful for a husband who does all of the Thanksgiving dishes. All 12 batches of them -
.
HUGE blessing. Huge.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy and all,
I love all of your traditions!! The food and turkey look great. Oh, I'm with Jack on Santa at the end of the Macy's parade... would you believe that I (a grandmother) still get goosebumps when I see him at the end?!? Everything about your day looked wonderful. Glad you are all doing well.
Love,
Aunt Annie
P.S. Jack looks like a dangerous turkey carver! tee-hee!

Columbia Village Gropps said...

Your turkey looks so good! Good job! The picture of Chip with his favorite part of the turkey...I think his face says enough, no need for a caption. :)
I just think you guys have the greatest family. I am thankful for great friends like you that are a great example to us! We love you!

Michelle said...

Wow! That's all I can say. Wow! You people are awesome.

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving can be a fun, relaxing day, can't it. A really nice holiday. Glad that all is well. Chip is indeed noble in doing all those dishes, but then he wouldn't have liked the way anyone else did them, now would he!
Love you all!

Melissa said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving! The food looks so yummy too! How nice that Chip washed all the dishes, love the photo of him holding up the turkey breasts....so funny! What fun Thanksgiving traditions. You have such a beautiful family!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Yummie that turkey looks delicious. I love the post and all the great pictures. The picture of Chip is hilarious!

Aunt Roo said...

I have loved catching up on your blog! You have such an awesome family. So glad you are going to be in the ward and so close. We love you all!!!

Katie said...

I have just have the warmest and fuzziest feelings after looking over your last 2 posts. You guys are fantastic and are the happiest looking family I've ever seen :) Love you guys.

Holly said...

you guys are such a cute little family!

Jody said...

Looks like a picture perfect holiday!

Topsy said...

Wow that is a good husband.