Wednesday, December 31, 2008

SHOWTIME COMPANY

For 4 years now, I have had the privilege of being a part of SHOWTIME COMPANY, and work with my dear friend Gayla. She started a children's singing/dancing/performing group for children 4th - 6th grade (there was a special exception for Hannah this year) and I get to help with the choreography. It has been SO much fun - such a positive part of my life here in Idaho.
.
Showtime gets to be a part of the Boise Christmas parade, and then that same day, perform at the very popular "Festival of Trees" - it is such a wonderful experience! We have performed at many different places, including retirement homes, the State Capitol, and local elementary schools. Together, Gayla and I have put together 9 shows! Every year, we do a Christmas show, and a Spring show. It is just so much fun. I have been tempted to not do Showtime from time to time so try and eliminate something from our schedule, but I never regret another season. I now believe as long as there is Showtime Company, I will always be a part of it.
.
The best part about Showtime, is getting together with Gayla often to choreograph. The first half of the time is spent talking, laughing, etc., and then we finally get to work. The relationship that we have built over time is the best part of it all. In addition, I also have the chance to hear her sing often while we practice - she'll never know what a treat that is for me!
.
.
.
.
.
. .
Thank you Gayla, for giving me this wonderful opportunity to be a part of this incredible group, but most of all, to be your friend!
. .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am so glad for the chance to have gotten just a small taste of Showtime as I have gone to two practices while visiting in Boise. An incredible opportunity for these kids. They have no idea. And thanks Gayla for being such a good friend and for the great opportunity for Tracy to do something she loves and for 3 of my grandaughters to experience performing. Am grateful for good people who made the move to Boise a little easier for the people on this end.

Angie Hermanson said...

You have such a beautiful family Tracy! I'm glad you have found a positive outlet. DON'T STOP! We all need something, the hope is that we will find something good and not destructive. I think John wishes that cleaning was a positive outlet for me. Oh well, we can all dream!

Michelle said...

Madeline loves it. You guys do a great job.