Wednesday, November 28, 2007

SNOW! SNOW! SNOW!


What an exciting morning we had last week! A couple of days before Thanksgiving, I heard squeals around 6:00am. It sounded no different than Christmas morning. The best part, was the biggest squealer was my brother in law - Fo'ou! He went in and woke up his kids - ran across the street (barefoot) - and put the kids new snow boots on so they could do it too! Better yet, he peeked out at 3:00am - no snow. To wake up to a beautiful white world three hours later was perfect!
Everyone had been talking about when it might snow - Ilai and Eden were ready in September!





That fresh top layer of snow tastes so good!


Beth took a quick driving lesson around the block offered by Chip - she was a little nervous.

What a fun walk to school the kids had together - testing out their boots and throwing snowballs along the way...

Anela is scared of the snow.... won't touch it, walk on it, nothin! She as adopted Hannah's hat that Gramma made though - she loves it!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh look I'm the first! I was JUST sitting here at work with tons to do but SO not motivated so decided to check your blog instead. While I was pulling it up I was thinking to myself that if it's not updated I'm going to post a comment to the effect of...hurry up and update your blog dangit, haven't you had snow or something to talk about yet?...and whadya know, there's SNOW and an updated blog too. How fun is that? I know, I know, I need to update mine too. Maybe this week-end.

Anonymous said...

I bet the first snow of the season is exciting, especially if you've never lived in it and been waiting and waiting and waiting! I would be really nervous too if all of a sudden I had to drive in it to get to work and of course, unable to practice before hand. So looking forward to the weekend. Packing my boots and flannels!
Love you all lots,
Mom/Gramma

Holly said...

I love that Fo'ou was the one that was squealing!

And I hate to drive in the snow. I'm sure I'm not going to enjoy the snow nearly as much this year since my Dad isn't here to shovel the walk & driveway! Ugh, I'm already dreading that part.

That said, it is so pretty when it first falls and so fun at the beginning of the season. I do love having seasons to enjoy!

Wendi said...

All I have to say is that I'm glad you are enjoying this and I'm even more glad that I'm NOT!!!! LOL been there and don't ever want to be there again! It is definitely exciting, but I'd rather be excited while I drive up to the snow and then when I'm done, I can drive back down and live in my non-snowy world.
I would have LOVED to see Fo'o running across the street at 6am like a little kid.

thebirdflock said...

Hey Tracy - You've been tagged. See my blog post dated 11/28 titled "tag game #1"

Topsy said...

My kids loved it too. I'm hoping that we have more coming our way. I'd rather it snow a ton before Christmas than in January!

Jody said...

That post was so fun! I got all excited just reading about it. I want to see a good snowman when there is enough!

Sydney said...

It's great to remember that snow isn't and hasn't always been horrible. Kids have a great way of reminding me this. However, Anela and I would get along great. I don't want anything to do with it either!

Columbia Village Gropps said...

I love the first snow. Love how you captured the kids looking out the window and then in it with their pjs and boots on...very cute! Is that you or Beth eating the snow from the table...very funny!:) Hope we get some more snow soon. Just doesn't feel like Christmas without a snowman in the front yard.:)

Daytrippingmom Media said...

How exciting!! The first snowfall.. Looks like a lot of fun. It's fun catching up on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Tracy--
the kids look so happy and the snow looked like so much fun. I had the boys look at your pictures and now they are begging me for snow. Like that will happen in So Cal!
stay warm and dry,
love to all,
gillian