Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Thank Goodness for Ellen!

ELLEN!! Check it out - finally, you are getting your very own post!


My sister, Ellen, flew to Boise to take the road trip with the kids and me to California. She was so excited to possibly be part of "the blog" but unfortunately, our camera was with Chip, so I couldn't take any pictures of our fun trip. I did snag the Makaafi's camera and got this picture though, just minutes before we left.

I don't know what I would have done without Ellen with me. She brought all of her patience with her, and calmly took care of all of the following while I drove...

"Can we have a drink out of the cooler?"

"I dropped my crayon."

"Why is the police man flashing his lights behind us?"

"How many more seconds (not hours) till we get to California?" (Ellen even did the math!)

"When is it my turn with Ellen's Ipod?"

"I have to pee..... again" (that was me)

"I lost my shoe, again!"

"The dvd player keeps falling!"

"Can you pass back a snack?"

"Let's sing another camp song!"

"NOW how many more seconds?"

"Shoot, which on-ramp is it?" (me, again.)

The biggest life saver for me, was that Ellen bought two pair of headphones for the portable DVD player for the trip! I am still thanking you for that one, Ell!

Ellen is awesome! She brought all of her "homemade" Cds and we totally rocked out. (She has great taste in music!)

I know that if Ellen heard the word, "mom" one more time, she would have put her head through her window. Thank you for dealing so well with it Ellen, so I didn't have to put my head through mine!

We love you Aunt Ellen!


6 comments:

thebirdflock said...

Oh how this brings back memories of my drive to/from TX. I so know how much help it is to have someone with you. Glad to see all is well:)

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!! I'm a post!!!

Hey, you're welcome. How could I resist? I hear the word 'roadtrip' and I'm there. It was nice getting my own time with you guys. Call me for the next one!

Wendi said...

So glad things went well for the trip. I wondered if you did that thing by yourself. Ellen is THE woman!!! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

One does not have to give birth to children to be a good mom. Ellen proves that time and time again. She's wonderful comic relief for the adults, too!
Love,
Mom

Cherri Regnier said...

I wish I had a sister. You girls are so good to eachother!

Anonymous said...

Wow, geez Mom, thanks! Since I can't be the world's greatest mom right now, I'm going for the world's greatest aunt. Whatever I can do.