Monday, September 14, 2009

The Schultz's First Football Season - EVER!

We have discovered how much fun FOOTBALL season is around here! Football is HUGE here in Boise!

This is Jack's first year of flag football - he will play one more year of flag... then onto tackle! (Dang, that scares me!) At his very first game, two ambulances came and went, both with little boys inside with broken bones! *big sigh*
.
There couldn't have been a more exciting moment during his first game. He was playing defensive end. It was during the last quarter... the game was getting long as it was very hot outside. But suddenly, I looked up to watch the next play and just then, Jackson caught an interception and immediately ran it down the field for a touchdown!!!!!! I had to ask myself if that really just happened! The crowd loved it - it was awesome!!
.
After the big celebration, Chip and I caught each other's eye from across the field where he was with the boys.... I could be wrong.... but I don't think I was the only one who needed a kleenex! :) Jack was presented the game ball after the game. I don't think it could have been anymore exciting! What a fantastic way to start our first year of football!
.

Jack with his cousin, Ilai...


too tough to smile!

Chip finds pure joy in coaching his own kids. He is learning the game right along with the boys and having a blast! He has them in perfect sync during warm-ups and cheering for their teammates and the other teams as well. He does well with teaching respect and discipline and the boys think he's pretty great!



Jack is all about football right now... "NOW how many minutes till practice, mom?"


4 comments:

Faye said...

What a fun, fun great experience. Chip looks great with the water bottles - and I bet that water is ice cold, too! Can hardly wait to see a game. Can see it all now - when we're retired and flying to Boise to see Jack play in a high school game! Can hardly wait.

The Ball Babies said...

We love football around here, too! Way to go, Jack! I bet that felt sooooo good to make the goal! Congrats!

Stace said...

Go Jackson! Wow, that sounds like an awesome play! We'd love to come watch a game and cheer him on - let me know, seriously!

Topsy said...

you know, sometimes I just think it sucks how much I miss you. I know we barely knew and all, but we were destined to be good friends. poop.