Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Wonderful Visit Indeed!

.
.
I am so grateful, comforted, delighted, and just happy that it is important to my mom to come and visit twice a year. She simply asks if such and such a weekend is a good one for us, and books the flight. That has made moving to Idaho so much easier for me, and the kids always have the best time when she comes.
.
Although her whole visit was wonderful, the highlight this time was probably teaching the kids how to make beanies with a loom. The kids all made their own beanie, all by themselves! It was so much fun that when they were done with their own, they starting making more for their dolls and stuffed animals!
.
.
They sure turned out cute...
.




.
I love talking with my mom. I love asking questions and learning about her childhood. I love learning from her life experiences.
.
I love you mom! Already looking forward to the next visit....
.

10 comments:

Kerri said...

I love reading about your mom's visits. She really makes such an effort to make memories with your kids. That's so fun.

Anonymous said...

Don't tell anybody but I had a lot better time than any of you did! I still lean heavily on the Dr. Seuss quote, "Don't cry 'cause it's over, smile 'cause it happened." (Thanks Beth for helping me discover those words of wisdom!) I too am looking forward to the next visit. This whole week has been thoughts of "last week at this time I was..." I think the workers in the airport are finally getting used to me sobbing in the bathroom! Love and miss you lots!!!

Steph said...

Moms are so cool! Glad you had such a fun time. The hats are very cute!

Andrea said...

I have to say that you do have a pretty amazing mom. I kinda like her too.

Holly said...

I love your mom too. Who doesn't though? And I LOVE that she's wearing a Katella HS sweatshirt!

Also, thanks for the words from Dr. Seuss! I will put those to good use!

Michelle said...

Those are really cute beanie's. They would be a great Christmas gift.

Melissa said...

AAAH how sweet, your mom is the greatest. Looks like you all had a great time together and the hats are so cute!

Jody said...

My Mom is better!

Jody said...

Actually I love this post. Reminds me to be thankful and not take for granted what I have.

Anonymous said...

Yes, My sister is a fantastic example to me of the kind of a grandma I should strive to be if I ever become a real grandma. I am taking notes!