Friday, November 21, 2008

Another Reason We Love Boise...

A Veteran's Day Parade in beautiful Downtown Boise was a perfect way to honor Veterans everywhere. The courage a veteran shows will always boggle my mind. I am so thankful for them and all they are willing to sacrifice for us and our great country.
.
.

.
I loved watching Jack follow his dad's example by removing his hat every time a flag passed, and LOTS of flags passed!
.

.

I must say, the Marines definitely stood out. They were the only group who marched in step, not moving any other parts of their bodies. They looked fantastic - and I'm not just saying that because my husband is one!! :)
.

.

.
Oh, and there was also a BSU home football game that day, which made the feeling downtown even more fun! Jack had his football in hand and wanted to hold it up for the last picture. :)


.
To my very favorite veteran... you continue to teach me and our children every day through your incredible passion for our real life heroes who too often go unnoticed. Thank you Chip!
.




And for those of you reading this who may have served, or have supported someone who did, ...thank you too!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I can always count on the Schultz family to bring me back down to be grateful for what is REALLY important. Veterans day for me was just another day where I didn't get the mail... :(
Thank you for the virtual slap upside the head.
I AM grateful for the veterans of this country. I have a cousin who is currently serving in the Marines and I am so grateful for him. I am grateful for their dedication and devotion to this country. I am thankful for their bravery, and their helping hands. I am thankful for all they do.

I am so impressed by the patriotism in your home, and I hope I can instill a sense of pride in our country in my home as my little one grows. Keep it up Schultz's!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jody said...

I love Jack and the tank.

Ooh-Rah, Chip! You were in our thoughts all day as we had to explain the girls why there wasn't any school that day. Thank you!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Thanks for reminding us what Veterans Day is all about. I too tend to forget the real meaning of Veterans Day. I'm grateful to all the wonderful men and women who are and have put their life on their line for my freedom.

I have to say that I love that Boise has a Veterans Day parade. I've never seen one in SoCal but we should have a huge one!!!