Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Bye-Bye Boredome Blues

"I'm boooooorrrred" - "What can I dooooooo???"

I know it's not just my nerves that these wonderful summer phrases get to!


I re-discovered a classic activity that the kids were not only content with, but quite intrigued with too! I mean, how many fun patterns can one think of to put their froot loops in?! I got the fun mom award this day! All you need is yarn, and cereal that have holes in the middle!



Jack's good buddy - James - His was eaten probably 2.5 minutes after smiling for the picture!



I'm the kind of mom with Froot Loops and AppleJacks - kids call me a cool mom for that - you know, I'm the mom who's house you want to spend the night at solely for the choice of cereal in the morning. Other moms might call me a bad mom for that. So, alright all you "good" moms - go ahead and make a Cheerio necklace, but we all know who's is gonna turn out cuter!! hee hee.

6 comments:

Holly said...

I remember when my brother Joe would come home after having spent the night at the Gundersen's and would tell us about the huge bowl of sugar cereal that he got to eat that morning. We would always be so jealous. All we ever had was "toasted oats" and "crispy rice" which were generic versions of Cheerios and Rice Crispies. We were so deprived!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I love moms like you. I had a friend that had a mom like you and let's just say we wanted to be there all the time. We always had crafts and the best cereal. This is the kind of mom I aspire to be.. The cool cereal mom!!!

Beth said...

I'm going to take my organic cheerios and use organic edible dye and then make super cute pattern necklaces.

Tracy said...

HA HA!! Go for it Bethy!

Jody said...

That is so great! I bought the new Froot Loops that have a new yogurt loop in it. The girls don't like them and won't eat them. I thought I would have to use them for the next time we go to the duck park (the ducks love when we come) but now I know a better way to use them! Thanks!

Wendi said...

Completely off the subject, but....I LOVE those little amish people you have on your shelf. I totally remember those!
cool necklaces too!