Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A Day at the Salon!

Oh, the excitement of "layers" for a 12 year old girl! This seems like such a "7th grade" thing to do. When I offered to take her to a "real" salon and get some layers, she squealed in delight. And to keep my Hannah still looking like a little girl - an adorable bob cut for her. What a fun day at the "salon" - you know, with candles and fancy fountains that the kids couldn't believe you were actually supposed to wash your hands in! Sure is great having a friend with such wonderful talents, and who works in such a "sweet" place!(as in what the girls said when we first walked in)
Taylor and Hannah before.....
and after...

Aubrey chose to keep hers long.... but on the way home she said, "Can I have layers AND long hair?" There might be a fun surprise in store for her on Friday.....

10 comments:

Beth said...

OH HOW CUTE!! That is awesome! It will make starting 7th grade a little bit easier I imagine. I love Hannah's little bob too.

Holly said...

They look so adorable!

Jody said...

I can feel that feeling they had right before getting it done, so nervous! Then the relief that you get when you see it for the first time and wonder, why didn't I do this sooner? Good luck Aubrey!

Anonymous said...

Hannah is who the "bob" haircut was invented for. It's perfect on her! And Taylor is looking way to mature and that haircut made it even more so. So cute and it will be great for camp, too!
xox
Mom
:)

Anonymous said...

WOW - there is NO way those two are as old and mature as they look! It's not fair! I'm going right now to pull out the pictures of our kids together from about 5-6 years ago just so I can remember them the way they once were. I know they have to grow up, but it just seems to go WAY too fast. FABULOSO hair!!!!

THE CONDIE CLAN said...

Wow, I don't even thing I've been to a fancy salon like they went to. How fun. I totally need a girl so I can do those girly things! They look adorable, makes me want to cut my hair!

Holly said...

It's amazing to see the girls growing up so fast (well, it seems like fast to me!) I was just remarking to Elliott the other day that now that I'm serving in the YM program again (with your awesome mom!) I have girls that are Taylor's age (and older) who I think of as my little sisters - but your girls remind me that they could technically be my DAUGHTERS! WowEE! Now THAT was an eye-opener (I thought I just turned 21! Uh...YEAH!) :)

Holly said...

Uh, Ok...that was supposed to read YW (not YM!) Can you tell it's late, I'm tired and yet, I'm STILL typing!

Katie said...

They look great!!! Nice styles for both of them. Isn't salon day fun?!?!?!

Holly said...

Oh MAN! I just finished watching those "laughing clips" you put on the side of your blog - I'M laughing so hard I'm crying! Those are fabulous - can't not laugh with them (the quads were especially great.) Thanks for putting that on - I need to get those!