Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Our weekend with Gramma Kossub

Had a wonderful visit with Gramma Kossub and Austen this past weekend! Although being so far away is tough, visits like these help make it all worth it. They are so anticipated and so much fun! The kids (and me) counted down the days to see them and spend time together. I am so grateful that mom makes sure 6 months don't pass without a visit!


It takes oodles (a Gramma term) of patience to spell out names with clay and strips of paper... Gramma had plenty of it! Hannah and Jack thought that was super fun!



Gramma read from one of her favorite childhood books
"Ramona the Pest"to Hannah.
Hannah now wants to make reading Ramona books a tradition when Gramma visits.

We enjoyed some nice, peaceful time at the beautiful Veteran's Cemetery here in Boise.


Just slightly windy that day...

Me and my Mama!

Hannah and "Old Glory"

It was a delightful weekend!

(pretty proud of this parting shot!)

5 comments:

Beth said...

What a super visit! I was so excited to see this post! She definitely wrote the book on how to be the best Grandma. Nice jump Austen!

Holly said...

Sweet jump!

Your Mom is SO cute. I love her. Remember when she took over for Mrs. Wilson as the "pocket lady"? I knew it was her FOR SURE when she used the apron in primary. No foolin' this girl!

Jody said...

You are so lucky to have such a neat Grandma...Me too! And that shot of Austen is way cool.

Joe said...

Great posts Tracy and great blog! I swear I spent a few minutes on one of the previous posts thinking "wow, Tracy still looks REALLY young..." Then I realized it was your oldest daughter. And you thought my kids looked like me!? :)
Anyway, great to reconnect with all of you. Give my regards to Chip.

Tracy said...

SO wonderful to hear from you Joe! Yeah - she's my little twin. Funny. It's so fun to read your blog - what a great family you have!