Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Thankful for Thanksgiving!

Aaaaahhhh... Thanksgiving. I LOVE this holiday! Always filled with the Macy's Parade, a 1,000 piece puzzle to be done before Christmas, home videos, and cooking all day. And believe it or not, that part is actually fun for me, since I save all my cooking and baking for one day of the year!

And please allow myself to pat myself on the back for a minute.... it actually all turns out pretty darn delicious! The family really appreciates the meal when the the rest of the year is hamburger helper, grilled cheese, and spaghetti! (from a jar even)

Mashed potatoes that didn't come from a box are a rare treat around here... once a year rare!




I actually love that I don't cook these kinds of meals often... (at all)... we would never enjoy it as much as we do on Thanksgiving! And I am ever so grateful for a wonderful family who all happily agree!

3 comments:

Faye said...

Really does make Thanksgiving special when certain dishes are made only on that day, like "scratch" mashed potatoes and monkey bread. Like mother like daughter - that's the only time they get made around here, too!

Topsy said...

Hey hot stuff. Great to hear from you!

Susie said...

I'm thinking that surgery does your blogging self good! Not so fun for you, but at least we bloggers get an update!