Monday, January 12, 2009

PERFECT(ly annoying)

Yes, I am still way behind. But before I get on with my next scheduled post... I just thought I'd share this peice of paper that was hanging around after Chip hung the stockings this year...
.


Actually, this is one of the three peices of paper he used.

I just know that Santa did a double take..... surely he had never seen stockings spaced as perfectly as ours were!

TELL me my husband isn't the only one.... okay, who am I kidding... I know he is.

.
We all have to live with annoying traits. Over the years, I have learned how to be thankful for this one. I mean it could be a lot worse! As annoying as it may be, I must say I am thankful for my perfectly measured and placed pictures on our walls too. Only one nail hole... I usually make six - at least.
.
.
I love my husband -

TONS!

9 comments:

Kelley said...

that doesn't suprise me at all. but i gues that's the reason we get such great programs from him whether they be for memorial day or the ward christmas party.

Tracy said...

ah.. out of everything you could have said...that was nice Kells! :)

Holly said...

i'd take that over not really caring that nails and screws go into the wall straight.

that being said, i really, really love my husband.

Elliott said...

That's funny. :) I'm not even sure I even understand all of his notes, but considering I just asked Elliott to hang something up for me because I didn't want to hastle with it (since I am more the "eyeball-it" type girl), and since it required precise measurements to hang correctly, sometimes precision is a good thing! :) I bet your stockings looked fab!

Holly said...

Whoops, that was supposed to be under my name...but whatever - you hopefully knew who it was...or maybe not! :)

Melissa said...

If it makes you feel any better, I worked up the measurements to hang our stockings so that they would be perfectly spaced out as well:) What can I say..I have a slight case of OCD:) However I must say that my little math equation was not nearly as complex as Chips:) I bet your stockings looked great!

Jody said...

Now THAT was funny. I give cuddos to Chip for remembering the formula!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like perfectly hung stockings at Christmas time. And do we all know the trait about ourselves that "entertains" our husbands so much? I too love the activities that Chip has organized. NOTHING has been overlooked! Not being aware that a formula even exists for that kind of stuff, I would have just taken a strip of paper as wide as the mantle and kept folding in half until I had enough lines to make it work. (?)

Anonymous said...

Lol...yep that's my brother.