Friday, September 12, 2008

A New Stage

We are off to a fantastic school year! So far..... so good.

The weekend before school started, we had a "back to school celebration" with the Millington family. Gayla shared her family tradition with us and made the cutest school bus cake.



I can hardly believe that all four of the kids are in school ALL day!!!
We have an 8th grader (that is still making me pinch myself to see if I really have an 8th grader)...


a 6th grader...


a third grader...

and a first grader...

I clearly remember when Jackson was about one, thinking how far away this time was, when they were all in school - and that it would never come. I mean, really? It's really here?

With new stages of life comes all kinds of new challenges, new joys, new "How am I ever going to do this?" new "I'm scared to death to be a mother" and new "Life is pretty wonderful" times. This truly is a good stage in life, I think. I am enjoying it. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but today, I am enjoying this stage.

So now it's just Anela and me all day. I am so lucky!

Every day we have cereal together after the kids leave to school.

She always insists on "reading" the box.

I love this girl.



10 comments:

Michelle said...

What a cute bunch of kids.

Beth said...

You taught her to read the box?!!? First colors, then ABC's, now this! I love you!!

Jody said...

What a fun time for you! Now you get to be the room mom and head up the school carnival and organize the teacher appreciation breakfast and mail off the school newsletter and...

Jody said...

ps. I'm SO jealous of you and Anela.

Anonymous said...

Yes - a great time in your life. Most all the stages are fun. I was going to say you aren't quite so "tied down", but you are just tied to other things, instead. Good thing you still have Anela. I can just hear everyone thinking, "Tracy can do it. All her kids are in school for the whole day and she doesn't work!" (Right...!)
Enjoy. It all passes way too quickly.
Love,
Mom
P.S.
Whatever you volunteer for, don't be the registrar!

Holly said...

you should register to be the pocketlady at the halloween carnival at the elementary school.

just make sure that you don't use the same apron in primary or your cover will be totally blown!!

Holly said...

register?! i meant volunteer.

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Your kids are beautiful. I love the many of stages that motherhood has to offer. Enjoy this one :) It seems like it's a great one.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ralina said...

Your kids are getting so big. They are so cute. I am thinking the same thing with my kids, I will never have them all in school. I'm sure time will go by quick, I better enjoy each day I have them here with me.