Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Fun Summer Surprise


It's been almost four years since we have seen Chip's brother, Rob. Since Jack was only two when we left California, he couldn't even remember who Uncle Rob was! So, when we got a surprise phone call from him saying he wanted to come and visit, we were very excited!
*
I loved watching him and the kids get to know each other all over again. We all really had a wonderful time. Thank you Rob, for coming to Boise! Actually, Rob helped me realize just why I love Boise as much as I do. Within 10 minutes, we can be at the beautiful river that flows through Boise, we can be on amazing hikes throughout the foothills that make such a pretty view everywhere you go, we can be at a huge lake surrounded by trees and mountains, or at one of several beautiful parks we have here to enjoy. I don't think I knew how much I truly love living here until I saw it through Rob's eyes. I'm so glad I did!
*
And who knows.... in hearing how much he loved it here, the next time he comes he just might bring his wonderful wife and son....... for good!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracy (and Chip and kids)!
Thanks for showing Rob such a great time up there! He certainly did come home thinking you guys live in a really special place! I guess we should have taken a little peek up there before settling in CO! :)
Love,
Kris

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys-
Thanks for showing me so much fun up there. I had a blast visiting with all of you.
You have definitely set yourselves up in a nice area. Enjoy that awesome river you have up there!
Take care and thanks again for the Boise tour.
-Rob (THE Uno Champ)

Anonymous said...

It's always fun when a relative comes to visit - I think so anyway. At least it is always fun for this relative when I come to visit!! Looks like you guys got a new table and chairs set, too!
Love, Mom