Saturday, September 8, 2007

Back to School

Well, here we go again.
This is the first time I wasn't ready for school to start yet. I wasn't ready to start setting the alarm a couple hours earlier. I wasn't ready for the kids to be gone all day yet. Crazy? I know. But this time for some reason I just wasn't ready.






Well, it's been two weeks now, and I'm getting the hang of it again. I am loving my mornings with Anela - it feels so natural, like I've been doing it for years, and I love loving her. Picking up Jack and Eden from Kindergarten is so much fun - I get two big hugs at once - how lucky is that?! Still working on a system for when they are all home at once at 3:30! Aubrey thinks she has it all worked out. Two at the table eating a snack, two at the counter doing homework, and two telling me about their day. Then, they all switch - twice. Not a bad idea!


I am especially loving having the Makaafi's here. They live in a tiny room, they are living out of boxes, and they have to eat my cooking - poor things. I so appreciate them putting up with it all. I talked with Taylor, Aubrey, Hannah, and Jack today about how they are doing without daddy home. They all agreed that although they miss him lots, having their aunt, uncle, and cousins here with us is just what we need to be okay through it all. I couldn't agree more!



By the way... did I mention I have a junior high student now? I think I'm still in denial... I swear I was just dropping her off at Kindergarten - telling her that everything will be great and to stop crying because this was supposed to be a happy, wonderful thing!! Then I cried the whole way home.

Yep. totally in denial.

8 comments:

Wendi said...

That's SO weird, because I remember when Taylor started Kindergarten! YIKES! It really does seem to start flying by.She looks SO grown up already. I'm glad things are going well for you guys. You are making some fantastic memories together living like you are even if it's temporary. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Although it seems so chaotic and crazy at times now, you will look back on it and miss it. I sure do although I do enjoy the stage of life that I am in now. Seeing everyone all together makes us miss you even more, but seeing everyone looking so happy makes it bearable and worthwhile.
Love you all,
Mom/Gramma

Jody said...

I just love hearing your stories and about your day. When I am struggling getting Morgan ready for school and Kendall decent to be seen in public and Beck fed. I will think about you with TWICE as many kids and be thankful.

Take a deep breath. The weekend is over. And count down the days until the next weekend.

Katie said...

It is so nice that you have your sister there while Chip is away. Thats what families are for!

Brooke said...

i can't imagine ever getting to a point where i feel okay about the beginning of school-- i just love having my kids around me and not being on a schedule.

although, it seems especially sweet to have the cousins there. there is just something so special about cousin love!

and i love all those pictures!

Brooke said...

okay, i should've reread my comment. i used LOVE way too many times.

Topsy said...

Yeah, I found your blog. Wonderful back to school pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy ~
I was just checking out your blog and...
1. The kids are total cutie patooties on their 1st day back to school. LOVED the pics.

2. HOLY cow, check out all the other blogs this chick visits. NO WONDER I haven't seen or heard from you on my blog lately (SNOB!), j/k, but SERIOUSLY... between being mother of 4 and all that goes with that, you obviously are winning the miss popularity contest over there...hee hee. Go girl!

Your sister-in-law,
Carrie (remember me?)