Tuesday, June 26, 2007

First Official Day of Summer

I love Downtown Boise! It is one of my favorite parts about this great town. Right in the center of it all, there is a place called "The Grove." At Christmastime there is a huge beautiful Christmas Tree that lights up the night, and in the summertime, a water fountain that is mesmerizing to look at, and fun to cool off in! We decided to celebrate the official first day of summer playing in the fountain. The kids had a wonderful time, and I enjoyed every minute. Their personalities come out so apparently in situations like these. I have one who ran right through the very second we got there, and did all the "brave" tricks. I have one who pretended it was just too cold, afraid that mom would think of them as scared, and one who was happy putting only a foot over the closest spout, who of course got brave after 45 minutes when it was time to go. Then the other one who's main concern was that any small children who were also there that day, didn't get hurt, or sad for any reason. Now they are all asking to go back. It will be soon, I'm sure!








6 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Summer is the best. I love the photos. You could see their personalities shine through. Playing in water fountains is one of my favorite summer memories. Great post - It brought back my memories of playing with sisters in the water.

Wendi said...

SO much fun. Looks like you guys had a blast. I love love love the ages of our kids right now. they are old enough to NOT need a diaper bag, but still young enough to play and have fun. Enjoy every minute!

Katie said...

Those are beautiful pictures of your kids, that looks like so much fun. But I am sensing the Schultz family has a water-theme going on this summer.

Cherri Regnier said...

I love summer. Flip flops all day, every day.

You were smart to put the girls hair in braids too!

Jody said...

So you can just go to this fountain and play in it? It's in the middle of downtown and you just start playing in it and not get arrested? How fun is that!?!

Tracy said...

I know!! Isn't that just so cool?! The kids are excited to show Kelley and Tyler when they come. You and your girls would love it!